Thursday, March 20, 2008

The quest for a new life

Well my life has changed completely from a spinal injury. I'm not wheelchair-bound, I can live a somewhat normal life just in constant pain. It fluctuates with the amount of activity I do. I am trying to find a balance. So I find myself in late 40s without any marketable job skills. The reason I say that is I have no formal education. I have 25 years / cumulative work experience. But it seems as soon as I have an interview and I tell them about my back injury and about my work restrictions it goes to ,,well thank you for being honest and if we had something that fit's your qualifications we will give you a call.So if you read this far I guess I'm trying to find an outlet for my frustrations with employers and with life in general.I've lost my identity,I know people will say it was just a job.But it was all I ever enjoyed doing,now I'm stuck without a career,every job I've ever had involved using my body,operating machines,repairing machines,well with my spinal injury I cannot do any job that involves operating machines,so take 25 years of life experience and flush it down the drain.again I'm just frustrated,trying to find a purpose to stay alive.my needs are being taken care of. but I find my life spirit has been crushed.I just have so much running around my head all the time.I basically feel worthless. When I HAD my job I had a purpose and goals,now without my job I don't see how I can feel filled my goals,I was planning on retiring at 55 with a pension,since I've lost my job I have no pension,I'll get a partial pension at 67 but it won't be enough to live on.I know people tell me well you have to live in today.but I can't help about thinking about the future.I know my thoughts go all over the place.

No comments: