Saturday, May 31, 2008

the garden



well my home is never going to be in better homes and Gardens,is a labor of love,this is one month worth of work,every day I would do just a little but boy like everybody else you pay a price,but I figure if I'm walking around in all this pain I might as well at least do something I like,I know some members cannot do it, gardening anymore,just figured I would post a picture to make somebody smile.this is my first garden in three years since I've been hurt,figure if I'm going to end up in a wheelchair I might as well do stuff I enjoy,(this is a mental therapy session for myself speaking out loud ) I tried too see a therapist about depression but what happened to me was in pain so much one-day I'd totally forgot about therapy session and was presented with a $90 missed appointments fee,so no counseling for me,I would rather eat,that's two weeks food budget,(I only need to buy food for myself I live alone)just trying to share,hopefully somebody can relate. back to the picture,I really like homegrown vegetables the stuff you purchased in the store just taste terrible to me,so anyways,first row of vegetables is celery,second row is sweet peppers,next row is red cabbage,next row is broccoli,next row is tomatoes,then two rows of cucumbers,which planted seeds have not sprouted and has got me worried,the big wooden trellis is beans,the big green plants are horseradish,such a beautiful plant,in front of the horseradish is seven Jerusalem artichokes,(first-time growing them)other side of horseradish plant is a 1' x 2' section of recycled potatoes(potatoes that went bad over winter just planted)then 2 rows of spinach,and then in another eight plants of horseradish,so that is my garden,I have one more 10 foot long section in the front where I can plant more plants,not really sure what I'm going to put their. at least when I'm focusing the garden it helps with the mental pain of being injured.
have a great day everybody.
breakfest,3 eggs 4 slices of ham,

No comments: